27 Feb Vitamin B12: An essential nutrient
Vitamin B12: An essential nutrient
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in many of the body’s functions, including the production of red blood cells, the maintenance of a healthy nervous system, and the metabolism of food into energy.
Intramuscular (IM) injection is a delivery method that delivers the vitamins directly into the muscle tissue, bypassing the digestive system. This results in higher levels of B12 in the blood compared to oral supplementation, making IM injections a more effective option for those seeking to increase their B12 levels. Many of our vitamin infusions include B12 as well, or you can add it as a booster to customize your IV drip.
Benefits of B12:
- Increased Energy Levels: Vitamin B12 is involved in the metabolism of food into energy, and increased B12 levels can result in increased energy and reduced fatigue.
- Improved Cognitive Function: Vitamin B12 plays a role in maintaining a healthy nervous system and has been linked to improved memory and cognitive function.
- Increased Red Blood Cell Production: Vitamin B12 is involved in the production of red blood cells and can help prevent anemia.
- Improved Mood: Vitamin B12 has been linked to improved mood and reduced symptoms of depression.
- Better Sleep: Vitamin B12 has been shown to improve sleep quality and help reduce insomnia.
B12 IM injections are generally considered safe and well-tolerated, with few side effects reported. If you are sensitive, we do recommend doing these injections earlier in the day as they increase energy levels making it difficult for some clients to fall asleep after receiving it.
What We Do at ALWC:
We have two different options for receiving B12.
- IM injection of B12 in the Deltoid or Ventrogluteal muscle.
- Can be added as a booster to customize your IV drip. B12 is also included in most IV drips that we offer.